10 Reasons Why Looking For The Least Expensive Meeting
Event Planning Services Is Not A Good Option
- They don’t make a planning timeline & share with you, Ask for a sample planning timeline
- They don’t make a risk assessment. Will they sit down with you to do a SWOT Analysis?
- They don’t have contingency plans? Ask for them. Stuff happens and one needs to be prepared
- They don’t keep a written record of any changes or updates. Will they mail you confirmation of changes?
- They don’t make a detailed event timeline and share with all parties. It is very important to share this with you, the venue and all vendors.
- They don’t conduct a walk-through with you & all vendors prior to the event. Ask how far pre event that they usually do this? Insist on a walk-through.
- They won’t have enough staff on site for your event There is much more that should be considered. but this is a start. Ask how they organize the staff on site? How many check in people per 100 people? If there is a program, is there a stage manager or a staff person assigned to assure the flow of the program?
- They aren’t organized. Look at the way they communicate with you. Do they seem scattered?
- They won’t return your calls or emails in a timely manner. Look at their communication with you. If communication is not good now, it certainly won’t be any better during the production period.
- They don’t have a website and their email is not addressed to their company domain is a clue that they lack professionalism. Even a simple website gives some credibility that the person is truly in business. If they can’t have a domain name email that is another sign of not being very business like.
If you have questions about the above or would like to have P&V Enterprises help with your event, please contact:
Pat Ahaesy, CMP, CSEP at firstname.lastname@example.org