5 Tips For a Seamless Event
- Plan as far in advance as possible
- Make a production timeline and stick to it
- Make an event timeline, allowing appropriate time for vendor load /load out so they’re not stepping on one another.
- Be sure to allow enough time for each part of your event, such as serving the meal, clearing each course.
- Be sure to allow time for a speaker/presenter to get on and off stage. After all, this isn’t Star Trek so we’re not “beaming” people in and out.
Vendors require time to load in, set up and test. This includes a/v, décor and catering. Have your speakers arrive before the start of the event so they each can walk on the stage or platform and test the mic. Each speaker must be comfortable with the technology. Some speakers need the volume raised, while others need the volume lowered. You wouldn’t know this without the tech rehearsal.
You also need to test any videos or Power Points to be sure that they work correctly. Even better try to receive these presentation a day or two in advance to have our technician check them out, although it’s often difficult to obtain from your presneters.