Anyone involved with associations knows how important it is for member retention that the annual conference is not only well attended, but that members have an outstanding experience. As MPI (Meeting Professionals International( recently published “7 Tips for Better Association Meetings” in their monthly magazine, The Meeting Professional. The following 7 tips are excellent and a good guide to strategically adjust to the changing association landscape. Lots of food for thought here.
- Start With the Goals- what are you trying to achieve
- Consider Less Programming – Yes, give them a little down time to catch up on emails, check in with family, etc.
- Mix up Session Styles – Vary the length of sessions, vary the room set up. Maybe a session or two could a Ted Talk Style.
- Use Technology To Adjust in Real Time – via event apps
- Be Family Friendly – Many folks will want to bring family to help with their work-life balance. Plan some activities around families, make it easy for family activities while the attendee is in sessions.
- Don’t Fear Virtual – “The hybrid event – an in person meeting with a virtual component for people who can’t attend is actually helping meeting planners increase engagement and boost numbers for future events”.
- Deliver What The Association Uniquely Needs – It may be education, networking, etc.
To read the entire article, 7 Tips for Better Association Meetings http://ow.ly/E26lr
To see more about #6 www.pnventerprises.com/pnvwebcasts/